When will PupPod be available?
The PupPod Wobbler toy is currently shipping to Android users. Customers can download the PupPod Android beta app from the Google Play Store. We expect the PupPod iPhone app to be in beta by the end of May 2017.
How do the different levels work?
- Level 1 is all about learning the connection between the toy and treat source. This isn’t obvious, but dogs make the connection quickly with the right set up and environment. Just getting close to the toy (e.g. coming over for a sniff) or touching the toy earn a reward.
- Level 2 only provides rewards for touching as the motion sensor is turned off. Some dogs are very touchy and get this level quickly. Others are more gentle and need to encouragement to touch.
- Level 3 is where the game starts to get interesting. There’s a 2-second window after the treat sound plays where touching the toy earns a reward. Outside of that window, no reward.
- Level 4 takes things up a notch by introducing a second sound that does NOT pay a reward. We call this second sound the “no treat sound”. As the dog plays at level 4, our software looks for a shaping pattern where the dog ignores the no treat sound and focuses on the treat sound.
- Level 5 is for PupPod ninjas. At this level, touching the toy when the no treat sound plays causes the no treat sound to play again at the next opportunity for a sound to play. Basically, your pup needs to learn self control…to only touch the toy on the treat sound and to ignore the toy when the no treat sound plays.
Can I control the difficulty level manually?
Yes you can! There are manual controls to set the level of difficulty and the time interval for playing sounds. Level changes define a new success criteria, but increasing the time interval just makes the dog focus longer and slows down reward opportunities.
Can multiple dogs play at the same time?
PupPod was designed for dogs to play one at a time, but as long as there is no food aggression between dogs, there is no reason dogs can’t play together.
When letting multiple dogs play together, we recommend tossing several rewards on the floor or position the dispensers to drop rewards on the floor. In our observations, letting food rewards scatter on the floor reduced the likelihood of food aggression.
We recommend letting dogs play PupPod on their own if they are food aggressive or toy hoarders.
How difficult is it to train a dog to play PupPod?
We’ve designed PupPod to be intuitive for dogs so no human training is required. The principles of the game are based on the well-established concept of operant conditioning, which is the foundation of clicker training. You can definitely encourage your dog to explore the toy, but as soon as they figure out that interacting with the toy earns treats from you or the Bluetooth dispenser, they start experimenting and working through the various levels.
Can PupPod make my dog smarter?
Playing PupPod requires dogs to use their frontal cortex to process information in the game. The more frequently they use this part of their brain, the stronger it gets. This can help dogs increase their attention span for in-person training and reduce senility in older dogs.
How difficult is it to chew through the toy?
We intentionally selected the KONG Wobbler for the toy housing because they are incredibly tough and have been around for many years. The Kong Wobbler is made of ABS plastic that is 3/8″ thick. It is very difficult (but not impossible) to chew through.
We have noticed that because there is no food in the PupPod Wobbler toy, dogs are not typically motivated to destroy the toy. In addition, their attention is constantly being directed away from the toy when they earn treats from either you or a Bluetooth dispenser. Concerned pet parents should supervise their dog at first. If PupPod isn’t the right fit for your dog, return it within 30-days for a full refund.
What is the return policy?
If PupPod isn’t right for your dog, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund up to 30-days after shipping. Customer is responsible for return shipping.
What is your warranty policy?
We guarantee the PupPod Wobbler toy to be free of manufacturing defects for 1-year from purchase. Email email@example.com if you encounter a manufacturing defect. Customer is responsible for return shipping.